ISE announces 2017 #IPOready programme
- Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF) joins as programme partner and potential investor in #IPOready companies
- Previous #IPOready participants have raised over €120 million and created over 600 jobs preparing for potential IPOs
- Launch events for companies interested in #IPOready 2017 in Dublin 9 May, Galway 11 May and Cork 12 May
The Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) has today announced details of the 2017 #IPOready programme, aimed at the next wave of Irish companies that are on course for a stock market listing (initial public offering or IPO) in the next 5 years.
The 2017 #IPOready programme will provide high-growth IPO candidate companies with a structured support programme and deliver skills to their executive teams in raising strategic finance, the IPO process, investor relations and scaling.
The programme, supported by Enterprise Ireland and the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF), builds on the success of the initial #IPOready programme, from which a group of 9 high-growth, high-potential Irish companies graduated last year.
#IPOready programme features
- A major new feature of the 2017 programme is that ISIF, the Irish State’s €8bn sovereign development fund, has joined as a programme partner to provide each participating company with one-to-one interaction with their investment team and to assess potential investments in the companies.
- #IPOready will provide extensive support over 15 months to prepare successful applicants for the requirements of raising strategic finance, listing on the ISE and attracting investment from domestic and international shareholders.
- It will include mentoring and presentations from corporate finance experts, leaders from ISE-quoted companies, senior ISE executives, investment practitioners, legal, communications and investor relations advisors, and entrepreneurs.
- The programme will also offer opportunities to showcase participant companies to domestic and international investors, including a module meeting investors, advisors and other market participants in New York.
14 new company listings on the ISE since 2013 raised €3.5 billion
Aileen O'Donoghue, Director of Strategy at the ISE, said; “The ISE has seen 14 new company listings since 2013. Between them they have raised more than €3.5 billion from Irish and international investors. This demonstrates the enormous benefits on offer for companies who list on public markets.
The initial #IPOready programme was a huge success in bringing a wide group of successful, high-growth Irish companies much closer to an IPO. These previous participants have gone on to raise over €120m in new equity and create over 600 new jobs.
The time is right for the next wave of IPO candidates to start this exciting journey and follow the lead shown by major Irish success stories such as Kerry Group, Ryanair and Kingspan.”
ISIF - "The #IPOready programme....provides the oppportunity for ISIF to continue to support the scaling of successful Irish companies"
Eugene O’Callaghan, Director of ISIF, said; “The #IPOready programme represents a significant opportunity for ambitious high-potential IPO candidate companies to develop relevant knowledge and skills. It also provides the opportunity for ISIF to continue to support the scaling of successful Irish companies.
ISIF is already a major shareholder in two Irish companies that successfully completed IPOs in recent years – Malin Corporation and Draper Esprit – and we aim to repeat their success with further similar IPO investments in the future.
As part of the #IPOready programme, ISIF will be delighted to meet with and learn more about all participating companies with a view to developing an understanding of their businesses and to assessing the long term investment opportunity for ISIF.”
Enterprise Ireland - "We are proud to support this programme which equips companies looking to achieve scale with the skills to access strategic finance or go public"
Julie Sinnamon, Chief Executive of Enterprise Ireland, said; “The #IPOready programme is a fantastic opportunity for businesses with global ambition to learn and gain insights from investors, executives and advisors who have played a part in the success of world-leading Irish companies.
We are proud to support this programme which equips companies looking to achieve scale with the skills to access strategic finance or go public. It is encouraging to see the companies which graduated from #IPOready 2016 already achieving growth on a global level and expanding their workforce.”
#IPOready launch events in Dublin, Cork and Galway
The programme will be launched at separate events in Dublin, Galway and Cork in May. The Dublin event will take place on May 9, the Galway event on May 11 and the Cork event on May 12. These events will feature speakers from the ISE, ISIF, Enterprise Ireland, ISE-quoted companies and previous #IPOready participants.
Notes to editors
- A company is eligible for #IPOready if:
- It is revenue generating (at least €5 million heading to €10 million)
- It can demonstrate a track record of growth and future potential
- It can commit the senior team (Chair/CEO/CFO or other agreed senior executive/s) for the period of 15 months
- A selection committee, comprising representatives from the ISE, Enterprise Ireland and the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund, will shortlist applicants for inclusion on the programme.
- Candidate companies must submit applications by Friday 16 June 2017. The programme will begin in September 2017 and conclude in December 2018.